Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Recap of My First Fun-Filled Day at UJW


Waking up at 6:30 in the morning definitely wasn't fun. But, I soon came to find out that it was well worth it.

Although I walked into FIU'S Academic II building feeling very nervous, I had nothing to worry about because everyone else was feeling the same. As everyone began to introduce themselves, we all realized we had at least one thing in common: our passion for journalism...

The coolest thing ever was receiving a lanyard with our name tag, and then the most valuable item - the dining card! We were all so excited that we were allowed to eat at the cafeteria for free, and for the next two weeks!

After listening to a few lectures, I knew right away that THIS is what I wanted to do...I WANT TO BE A JOURNALIST!

So I can promise you one thing...I am going to give this workshop all I've got. I might not be the best blogger yet, but just wait and see. I may surprise you :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think the best part is the meal card lol... We can eat like pigs for the next two weeks, yay!